The time has arrived! The Texas Youth Academy 2015 application is ready!
Greetings from the Texas Youth Academy!
We are excited about your interest in participating in the 2015 Texas Youth Academy July 6- July 18, 2015. Please read the directions below to complete your application and return it to us by March 9, 2015.
• Complete the application in full and submit online. You may want to write your essay questions in a word processor before beginning the application process and then copy and paste your 300-500 word essays into the boxes within the application. There are three essay questions:
1) Briefly describe your faith journey. Tell us about times of blessing and growth, as well as times of struggle and confusion.
2) Consider a book you have read (other than the Bible) or a movie you have seen. How did it prompt you to think about faith and life?
3) Why would you like to attend the Texas Youth Academy?
• Choose two adults that know you well to write honest and accurate recommendation letters for you. One recommender should be a clergy person or church leader, and the other can be of your choosing, though should not be related to you.
Be prepared to enter the names and contact information (e-mail) for each of these.
Make sure your recommenders are aware of the March 9, 2015 application deadline.
Completed applications will be read by an admissions committee beginning on March 29, 2015. Decision letters for all applicants will be mailed by April 11, 2015.
If you have any questions during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone or email. Know that we are praying for you and look forward to receiving your application materials and getting to know you!
rev. thera freeman,
director, Texas Youth Academy